Homemade Gingersnap Granola
Work with what you have in your pantry to whip up this delicious granola
Home is a comforting feeling for all of us right now, and to me, spending time in the kitchen brings a sense of solace amongst the uncertainty. I've been creating all kinds of new recipes over the past few days. I am working, of course, with what I've already got in the pantry.
This gingersnap granola turned out surprisingly well, and I thought it was worth sharing. The warm spices and touch of maple make it somewhat luxurious, and it's even more fantastic served with thick, Greek yoghurt.
GINGERSNAP GRANOLA RECIPE
3 cups wholegrain oats
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix until well combined, then spread the mixture out evenly across two large baking trays lined with baking paper.
3. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning the mix with a wooden spoon once or twice, to ensure it browns evenly.
4. Leave to cool completely, and transfer to a large glass jar or airtight container.
5. The granola will keep for up to 6 months stored in the pantry.Share this: