Granola Recipe with Lemon and Prunes
Try this delicious breakfast recipe by Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen
I felt the first true snap of cold this week. It only made sense to warm the oven, and roast a tray or two of sweet, golden granola. The kind that's scented with citrus, speckled with soft, black prunes. I add sweetness in the form of amber coloured honey, tossed with a little melted coconut oil. It is this delightful combination that sends wafts of caramel throughout the house.
GRANOLA RECIPE WITH LEMON & PRUNES
• 2 cups oats
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 2 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
• zest of one large lemon
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds
• 3 Tbsp chia seeds
• 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
• 2 Tbsp runny honey
• a pinch of sea salt
• 1 cup prunes, diced
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the prunes in a large mixing bowl. Toss until combined, then spread the mixture out evenly on a tray lined with baking paper.
3. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the colour is that of butterscotch.
4. Leave to cool, then toss with the chopped prunes.
5. Will keep for up to 3 months stored in a large glass jar or airtight container.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com