Grilled Spring Onions Recipe with Capers and Parmesan
Try this light side salad of grilled spring onions by Eleanor Ozich
Spring onions, grilled and glistening with olive oil, paired with bright notes of lemon juice and a sprinkling of salty parmesan. Add a few perfectly ripe slices of avocado, and you have what might just be my favourite salad of all.
GRILLED SPRING ONIONS WITH CAPERS AND PARMESAN
• 10-12 spring onions
• 1 avocado, finely sliced
• 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
• 2 Tbsp capers
• a handful of grated parmesan
• extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
• sea salt for sprinkling
• lemon wedges for serving
1. Remove the fronds from the spring onions, and trim the green ends so that they will fit lengthwise in a pan.
2. Place a cast iron pan over medium-high heat, drizzle with a little olive oil. Grill the spring onions until tender and slightly blackened out on the outside.
3. Leave to cool slightly, then layer on a plate with the slices of avocado, cherry tomatoes and capers. Sprinkle with parmesan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add a delicate flick of sea salt. Serve with a small wedge of lemon on the side.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com