Guava Jelly Recipe
Add a little sweetness to your cheese platters and meals with Angela Casley's seasonal guava jelly
Makes 2 jars approx.
• 1.5 kg guavas
• 2 cups sugar, approx
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the guavas in a large pot and squash roughly with a potato masher to release the juices. Just cover the guavas with water and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Place a colander lined with muslin over a large bowl. Tip guavas and juice into the muslin. Allow to drain for several hours. Do not push or squeeze the guavas or the liquid will become cloudy.
3. Measure juice and place in a clean saucepan. Add the equivalent cups of sugar, and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 15-20 minutes. Place a little on a saucer. When your finger runs through it and the jelly holds its shape it is ready.
4. Pour into sterilised jars and store until ready to use.
- Why Hastings Is Hawke's Bay Hottest New Food Destination
- Clementine Chia Jam
- House Of Gucci: A First Glimpse At Ridley Scott's Impossibly Alluring Film
- Jack Antonoff On Songwriting, Being An Emotional Baby & His Quest To Find Joy
- Crispy Salmon With Noodles & Veges
- See Benee Team Up With The NZSO & More Fun Things For The Weekend