Guava Jelly Recipe
Add a little sweetness to your cheese platters and meals with Angela Casley's seasonal guava jelly
Makes 2 jars approx.
• 1.5 kg guavas
• 2 cups sugar, approx
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the guavas in a large pot and squash roughly with a potato masher to release the juices. Just cover the guavas with water and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Place a colander lined with muslin over a large bowl. Tip guavas and juice into the muslin. Allow to drain for several hours. Do not push or squeeze the guavas or the liquid will become cloudy.
3. Measure juice and place in a clean saucepan. Add the equivalent cups of sugar, and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 15-20 minutes. Place a little on a saucer. When your finger runs through it and the jelly holds its shape it is ready.
4. Pour into sterilised jars and store until ready to use.
- Real Weddings: Saru Krishnasamy & Samir Allen At Glasshouse, Morningside
- Restaurant Review: The Garden Shed Offers A Sense Of Sanctuary In Mt Eden
- The Most Romantic Engagement Rings To Suit Any Style
- Naveya & Sloane Co-Founder Rachel Sloane's Beauty Routine
- How To Take The Humble Grilled Cheese Sandwich To The Next Level
- Snack Time: A Decadent Scallop Menu & More Tasty Food News