Guava Jelly Recipe
Add a little sweetness to your cheese platters and meals with Angela Casley's seasonal guava jelly
Makes 2 jars approx.
• 1.5 kg guavas
• 2 cups sugar, approx
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the guavas in a large pot and squash roughly with a potato masher to release the juices. Just cover the guavas with water and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Place a colander lined with muslin over a large bowl. Tip guavas and juice into the muslin. Allow to drain for several hours. Do not push or squeeze the guavas or the liquid will become cloudy.
3. Measure juice and place in a clean saucepan. Add the equivalent cups of sugar, and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 15-20 minutes. Place a little on a saucer. When your finger runs through it and the jelly holds its shape it is ready.
4. Pour into sterilised jars and store until ready to use.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Orange Cake
- Isolation Diaries: How To Embrace Home-Cooking, According To A Restaurant Reviewer
- 24 Beautiful Runway Gowns To Inspire Your Dream Wedding Dress
- 25 Of The Most Fashionable Films For Some Sartorial Escapism
- Watch & Listen: Self-Isolation Songs To Suit Your Mood
- How To Practice Mindfulness & Find Calm Amid The Coronavirus Storm