Halloumi and Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe
Try this tasty halloumi salad by Angela Casley
Couscous is a wonderful base for a salad, so when it comes to clearing out the fridge team it with what you find: tomatoes, celery, olives, herbs . . . To make it more substantial add fried halloumi, sliced steak or chicken breast. To dress it up for guests add some chopped artichokes and green olives. Don’t forget a squeeze of fresh lime.
HALLOUMI AND ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE
2 cups Israeli couscous
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 sticks celery, sliced thinly
½ red onion, sliced
½ cup black olives
1 cup basil leaves
¼ cup chopped dill
200g halloumi sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Cook the couscous as per packet instructions, then cool.
2. To make the dressing in a jar combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic.
3. In a large bowl combine the couscous, tomatoes, celery, onion, olives, basil and dill.
4. Heat a frying pan to a high heat. Cook the halloumi for 30 seconds each side until golden.
5. Toss the halloumi through the salad along with the dressing. Serve in a decorative bowl.Share this: