Hapuka Steaks Recipe with Julienne of Vegetables
Keep dinner simple with these pan-fried hapuka steaks
HAPUKA STEAKS WITH JULIENNE OF VEGETABLES
2 large potatoes, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp butter
1 leek, cut into thin strips
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
½ yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
4 hapuka steaks
½ cup cream
¼ cup white wine
½ tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
1. Set oven to 200C.
2. Place sliced potatoes on an oven tray. Pour over the oil, season with salt and mix well. Spread evenly over the tray. Bake for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the leek, carrot and yellow pepper. Saute for 5-8 minutes, until soft and cooked through.
Remove from the pan and set aside while you cook the fish.
4. To the same pan add the fish steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until just cooked through, depending on the thickness of the steaks. Remove from the pan.
5. Add the cream, wine, mustard and zest to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. On each plate spread a layer of crispy potatoes and mixed vegetables, and top with steak. Spoon over some hot sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.Share this: