Individual Praline, Blueberry & Mascarpone Trifles
Crispy-sugary almond shards, marsala-cooked blueberries, fresh apricots and sponge cake, indulgently assembled
If you get the components for this trifle made ahead of time, the assembly is quick and easy. If the trifles sit for a few hours the flavours will only get better. Smash up some of the praline and sprinkle over icecream for a quick chilled summer dessert. Tinned apricots will suffice when fresh are not in season.
INDIVIDUAL TRIFLES RECIPE
200ml glucose syrup (available at supermarkets)
100g caster sugar
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp sweet wine or marsala
½ cup sliced apricots
¼ cup brown sugar
1 sponge cake
1. To make the praline, place the glucose and sugar in a pot, heating slowly and stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up, bringing to the boil for 5 or 6 minutes until it is golden. Remove from the heat, add the almonds and pour on to a flat oven tray, allowing it to cool before breaking into shards. Store in an airtight container.
2. Place the blueberries, sugar and wine into a small pot. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
3. In a bowl gently stir together the mascarpone, cream and sugar.
4. To build the trifles, cut the sponge into squares and place in the bottom of 6 glasses. Spoon over some mascarpone, blueberries, apricots, more mascarpone and add a shard of praline on the top.
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning