Kahawai Pate & Seed Crackers
Slather this decadent pate on homemade seed crackers for an effortless snack
It is so great to see kahawai more readily available after being under-utilised for years. This delicious pate is perfect to take on a hike, served with simple seed crackers. It’s also great spread on toast and topped with fresh tomato and basil.
KAHAWAI PATE RECIPE
Makes 1 cup
200g smoked kahawai, bones removed
150g cream cheese
1 Tbsp lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp chopped dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the kahawai, cream cheese, lemon zest, juice and dill in a kitchen processor, blitzing until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Store in an airtight container and serve with seed crackers (see recipe, right)
SEED CRACKERS RECIPE
Makes 1 tray
½ cup each of pumpkin, sunflower, sesame seeds
¼ cup each of chia (black or white) and linseed
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fennel seeds
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with paper.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, then stir and leave to sit for 20 minutes. Spread evenly on the tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until dry and crispy. Check occasionally, turning tray in the oven for even cooking. Remove, cool, then break into rustic shapes. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published in Viva Magazine – Volume FiveShare this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning