Kumara Patties Recipe with Poached Eggs
For a change from toast or rosti, try this kumara patty with poached eggs
These kumara patties came about when we had kumara left over from dinner the night before. They make a good alternative to toast and set you up for the day. They are quick and simple to make, mashed with fresh herbs and lemon. Top with a runny poached egg, and tomato and basil on the side and you have a delicious breakfast. You could also make the patties with a mix of potato and kumara, and add chopped chilli for extra bite.
KUMARA PATTIES RECIPE WITH POACHED EGGS
• 2 large orange kumara, cut into cubes
• 2 spring onion, chopped finely
• 1 egg
• 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
• 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
• Zest of ½ lemon
• Salt and pepper
• Melted butter for brushing
• 4 eggs, poached
• 200g cherry tomatoes
• basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. Par-boil the kumara until just cooked. Smash roughly with a fork.
3. Add the spring onion, egg, parsley, coriander, lemon zest, salt and pepper combining well. Shape into four patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Place the patties on a piece of baking paper, brush with a little melted butter then bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
5. Serve the patties topped with a poached egg and a side of cherry tomatoes sprinkled with basil.Share this: