Lamb Skewers Recipe
Try Angela Casley's tasty recipe for lamb skewers with pomegranate
Another summery smell that makes for happy faces is a barbecue smoking away loaded with delicious treats. The first time I ate lamb kofta was in Turkey years ago; it came straight from a coal-burning barbecue and was laden with thick dribbling yoghurt that had pomegranate folded through it. I had never eaten pomegranate before then. Luckily, now you will find the fruit and molasses readily available in supermarket.
450g lamb mince
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper
1 tsp pomegranate molasses
½ cup Greek yoghurt
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Into a large bowl place the lamb, egg, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, mint, salt, pepper and molasses. Combine well using a fork or your hands.
2. Divide the mixture into eight. Shape each piece around a skewer and place into the fridge until needed.
3. Combine the yoghurt and molasses in a small bowl for serving.
4. Preheat a barbecue to a medium heat. Cook the skewers for 2 or 3 minutes then turn to continue cooking evenly.
5. Serve hot with yoghurt and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds for garnish.Share this: