Lamb Souvlaki Recipe
Souvlaki is never out of fashion in Greece
• 800g cubed lamb leg
• 2 tsp dried rosemary
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 large red onion, cut into cubes
• 1 or 2 red peppers, cut into cubes
• Lemon wedges for serving
• 1 large red onion, sliced
• 4 ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
• 16 olives
• ½ cucumber, cut in chunks
• ¼ cup parsley leaves
• 4 slices feta
• Good quality olive oil
• 1 cup Greek yoghurt
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ¼ cucumber chopped finely
• 2 Tbsp chopped mint or dill
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the lamb in a bowl with the rosemary, oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. On to 8 skewers place the lamb, pepper and red onion evenly.
2. Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a high heat. Cook the skewers for 4 minutes each side or until done to your liking.
3. To make the Greek salad combine the onion, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and parsley in a bowl and serve with the feta on top and a drizzle of oil.
4. To make the tzatziki combine the yoghurt, garlic, cucumber, mint and lemon juice and stir.
5. Serve the skewers with Greek salad, a squeeze of lemon and tzatziki.Share this: