Easy Low-Alcohol Cocktail Recipes To Try At Home
Pretty cocktails that won't give you a hangover? Cheers to that
Seedlip New Zealand brand ambassador Jasmin Rutter created two special cocktails for this week's cover shoot. She shares how to re-create these delicious concoctions at home using some fresh ingredients.
THE LOW ABV COSMOPOLITAN RECIPE
30ml Seedlip Spice 94
20ml Cointreau liqueur
10ml fresh lime juice (plus extra for garnishing glass)
40ml cranberry juice
Fresh As freeze-dried raspberry powder
1. Pour all cocktail ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
2. Roll the edge of coupe glass in lime juice and then dip into raspberry powder.
3. Strain into the rimmed coupe glass.
4. Garnish with raspberries.
(Note: Add 10ml of sugar syrup if you prefer drinks on the sweeter side.)
Model wears: Rotate taffetta dress, $649, from Workshop. World ladybug and lobster brooches $229 each. Belinda Green Millinery hat (POA). Rubellite and diamond earrings $22,200, 32ct green tourmaline and diamond ring $38,000, ruby and diamond dome ring $27,890 all from Partridge Jewellers (09) 309 8925.
THE LOW ABV GREEN TEA SPRITZ RECIPE
30ml Seedlip Grove
20ml fresh lemon juice
20ml green tea syrup
Top with tonic
1. Add all ingredients (except tonic) into a shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Strain over fresh ice in a large goblet.
3. Top with tonic.
4. Garnish with citrus zest.
To make green tea syrup:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
3 green tea bags
1. Dissolve sugar in water and steep tea bags for 1 hour.
2. Strain and bottle then store in the fridge.
Model wears: Trelise Cooper jacket, $799. Belinda Green Millinery hat (POA). World bug brooch $199. Pomellato 9ct rose gold orange and ruby gemstone ring and 9ct rose gold pink and ruby gemstone ring $3285, both from Orsini Fine Jewellery (09) 354 3115.
Photographer / Babiche Martens. Fashion director / Dan Ahwa. Hair and make-up / Shirley Simpson using Aleph. Model / Marie Everth from Clyne. Manicure / Serenity Fox from Popbeauty.co.nz.