Maple and Pecan Pie Recipe
Try Angela Casley's rich maple and pecan tart
MAPLE AND PECAN PIE
250g sweet pastry
½ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp rum
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. On a lightly floured bench, roll the pastry to fit a 20cm flan tin. Inside the pastry place a piece of baking paper and rice then bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and cook for a further 5 minutes until the pastry is crisp.
3. In a small pot melt the butter. Add the maple syrup and rum and warm through. Remove from the heat. Add the pecans, sugar and eggs, mixing to combine. Pour carefully into your pastry case. Place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until just set.
4. Remove and cool before serving with whipped cream or icecream.Share this:
- Restaurant Review: Everyone Is A Winner At New Ponsonby Restaurant Lucky 8
- Add A String Of Darling Baubles To Your Winter Look With These 8 Necklaces
- This Spiced Pear & Caramel Pavlova Is The Ultimate Winter Treat
- The Craveable New Experience That's About To Turn Ellerslie Into A Feasting Playground
- The Soulful, Sexy Menage A Quatre Of 'Conversations With Friends'
- Watch: Gucci's Brooding Resort 2023 Show At Castel del Monte