Maple and Pecan Pie Recipe
Try Angela Casley's rich maple and pecan tart
MAPLE AND PECAN PIE
250g sweet pastry
½ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp rum
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. On a lightly floured bench, roll the pastry to fit a 20cm flan tin. Inside the pastry place a piece of baking paper and rice then bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and cook for a further 5 minutes until the pastry is crisp.
3. In a small pot melt the butter. Add the maple syrup and rum and warm through. Remove from the heat. Add the pecans, sugar and eggs, mixing to combine. Pour carefully into your pastry case. Place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until just set.
4. Remove and cool before serving with whipped cream or icecream.Share this:
- Celebrity Style: The Viva Team Share Their Famous Fashion Inspirations
- 11 Cool Blazers To Smarten Up Your Wardrobe
- Want To Create The Perfect Dinner Party? Turns Out There's A Science To It
- Your Autumn Beauty Update: Bold Blue Eyes, Frosted Finishes & Glossy Lips
- Gluten-Free Flan With Silverbeet & Cheese
- The New Adaptation Of 'Emma' May Be The Most Stylish Jane Austen Film Yet