Maple and Pecan Pie Recipe
Try Angela Casley's rich maple and pecan tart
MAPLE AND PECAN PIE
250g sweet pastry
½ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp rum
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. On a lightly floured bench, roll the pastry to fit a 20cm flan tin. Inside the pastry place a piece of baking paper and rice then bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and cook for a further 5 minutes until the pastry is crisp.
3. In a small pot melt the butter. Add the maple syrup and rum and warm through. Remove from the heat. Add the pecans, sugar and eggs, mixing to combine. Pour carefully into your pastry case. Place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until just set.
4. Remove and cool before serving with whipped cream or icecream.Share this:
- Where To Find The Best Cheap Eats In Tokyo
- Designer Clothing Pop-Ups Galore & Other Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- Where To Find Stylish Japanese Homewares In Auckland
- Where To Shop In Tokyo: 12 Of The Best Places To Buy Clothes
- Chocolate-Dipped Raw Peanut Butter Cookies
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Japanese Restaurant Taiko In Kingsland