Marinated Tofu Recipe with Asian Greens
Vegetarian meals can be substance too
MARINATED TOFU WITH ASIAN GREENS
• 1 Tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 250g firm tofu, drained
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 2 shallots, sliced thinly
• ½ chilli, sliced finely
• 2 Tbsp sliced ginger
• 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 300g Asian greens, blanched
• 1 Tbsp sliced chillis
1. In a small bowl mix kecap manis, soy, ginger and sugar.
2. Prick tofu with a fork then cut into bite-size pieces. Toss in marinade, leave for 20 minutes.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a wok or frying pan on a high heat. Add shallots, chilli, ginger and rice vinegar. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add Asian greens and cook for 2 minutes, so they stay crunchy. Stir sesame oil through, and remove to a serving plate.
4. Heat remaining oil in the wok to a high heat. Toss tofu with the marinade gently until golden brown all over. Place on top of the greens.
5. Garnish with a few sliced chillis and serve with steamed rice.Share this:
- Watch: The Five Minute Face With Sarika Patel From M.A.C
- The Local Fashion Brands Making Face Masks
- The Adorable Pets Looking For Their Forever Home
- Stylish Accessories For Pampered Pets & Their Owners
- Watch: Kate Sylvester & Hera Lindsay Bird On What It Means To Be An 'Exploding Woman'
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews New Yakitori Restaurant Omni