Melissa Hemsley's New Cookbook Strikes the Right Balance
Brand new book 'Eat Happy' is full of wholesome recipes that are super quick to make
Since English cooks Melissa and Jasmine Hemsley launched their website and food consultation business Hemsley + Hemsley in 2010, they’ve written for Vogue and The Guardian’s websites, starred in their own television series, opened a cafe at Selfridges in London, and published several cookbooks between them.
Readers of their books, followers of their blog, and the high-profile clients they cooked for quickly fell in love with their simple, vibrant recipes that are always full of flavour and packed with nutritious ingredients.
Melissa Hemsley’s latest cookbook, Eat Happy, is again brimming with everyday recipes that strike the perfect balance between being quick and achievable while still interesting and delicious.
Flicking through its pages, you immediately begin to mentally bookmark the recipes. Standouts include her hoisin duck pancakes, a black quinoa tabbouleh with spiced halloumi and chickpeas, and a sausage, celeriac and kale tray bake with a mustard and sage drizzle.
This book will also see you give up uninspired breakfasts for good, plus Melissa shares tips for reducing the food you waste, the best packed lunches to take to work, and wholesome versions of your favourite takeaways.
Desserts are also well covered, meaning you can stick to any ambitious new year resolutions you may have set, while still getting to indulge after dinner.
• Eat Happy: 30-Minute Feelgood Food by Melissa Hemsley, published by Ebury Press, $55
- How Track Pants Became 2020's Breakout Wardrobe Star
- Tommy Hilfiger On The State Of America & Opening A New Zealand Flagship Store
- Meet The Nose Behind Aesop's Unexpected New Rose Fragrance
- From Helpful Apps To Mindful Pottery: The Myriad Ways To Mark Mental Health Awareness Week
- Moana Maniapoto & The Enduring Legacy Of 'AEIOU'
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US Supreme Court Judge & Liberal Icon Dies Aged 87