Mini Pavlovas Topped with Rhubarb and Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
Try this stewed rhubarb teamed with a simple meringue recipe
If you don’t have rhubarb planted somewhere in the garden — it’s time you did. It doesn’t take up much space, grows all year round and is the perfect fruit to pick when the options are limited. It’s great for stewing; simply add a little extra sugar if you find it too tart. Here it is teamed with a simple meringue recipe featuring just two ingredients: eggs and caster sugar.
MINI PAVLOVAS TOPPED WITH RHUBARB AND COCONUT YOGHURT
3 egg whites
¾ cup caster sugar
2 stalks rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
2 tsp caster sugar
1 cup cream
1 cup coconut yoghurt
To serve ½ cup toasted shaved coconut
1. Preheat an oven to 150C. Line a flat baking tray with paper.
2. Using an egg beater whisk the eggs until they hold their shape. Slowly add the sugar a tablespoon at a time mixing thoroughly. Onto the baking paper create 6 even piles of meringue. Place into the oven for 40 minutes, then turn the oven off and allow the mini pavlovas to cool before removing.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the rhubarb and cook slowly over a low heat for 5-8 minutes turning once or twice. Sprinkle over the sugar and continue to cook until softened. Remove and cool.
4. Whisk the cream to form soft peaks. Add the coconut yoghurt and continue to whisk until thickened.
5. Top the mini pavlovas with yoghurt cream, rhubarb and toasted coconut.Share this: