Delightfully Simple Mocha Kisses
Indulge in two layers of buttery biscuits and a sweet coffee-chocolate filling
Don’t underestimate a simple kiss recipe. They are hardly likely to last more than a day or two, but if you think they might, keep them in the fridge. If you don’t have a food processor, rub the butter in by hand, then add the coffee and egg to finish the dough.
MOCHA KISSES RECIPE
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup caster sugar
100g butter, cubed
3 tsp coffee powder dissolved in 2 tsp boiling water
80g butter, softened
1 ½ cups icing sugar
2 tsp cocoa
1 tsp strong coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
2. For the biscuits, place the flour, sugar, butter, dissolved coffee and egg in a processor and blitz until the dough forms. Roll on a lightly floured bench into 16 even-sized balls and place on the trays. Press down a little. Bake for 18 minutes until sponge-like to touch. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
3. To make the filling, beat the butter, icing sugar, cocoa and coffee until smooth.
4. Sandwich the biscuits together with the filling to form your kisses. Store in an airtight container.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning