My Summer: Josh Emett
It's been a big year for Josh Emett. The MasterChef judge has released a cookbook,Cut, opened restaurants Ostro in Britomart and Madame Woo in Queenstown and, when not filming for MasterChef, worked on his Chef Series range and other Queenstown restaurant, Rata. Understandably he is looking forward to relaxing with his family at some classic Kiwi beach spots this summer - he tells us about his plans.
Where I'm Going:
Coromandel, Whangapoua, Matarangi and Mt Maunganui with Helen and the kids and close family. We try to go often throughout the year, whenever we can get a spare weekend. It's where we have always gone. We go to relax and spend time on the beach, and hopefully do some fishing as well. We love it because there is no internet and it's the great New Zealand beach holiday.
Where I'm Eating:
Luke's Kitchen in Kuaotunu and Tay St Beach Cafe in the Mount.
Where I'm Drinking:
The Peppertree Restaurant in Coromandel township and Astrolabe in the Mount.
What I'm Wearing:
Not much - shorts, jandals and lots of sunscreen.
What I'm Reading:
Lots of magazines.
What I'm Making:
A lot of fish and a lot of salads, steak and sausages on the barbecue, pork ribs and chicken wings from my Chef Series range.
My summer must-have:
A decent pair of sunglasses - army-green Ray-Bans.
Something new I want to try this summer:
Paddleboarding and some surfing, I used to surf as a teenager and want to get back into it.
- Our Feel-Good Guide: 20 Ways To Put A Pep In Your Step In 2021
- Six Spa Treatments That Evoke That ‘Holiday’ Feeling
- Turmeric-Infused Recipes
- Sex & The City Is Back, But The World Has Changed — So Should The Clothes
- Hospitality Pros Clare & Joost Van Den Berg Are About To Launch A Modern Greek Taverna In Ponsonby
- Every Look From Prada Menswear Autumn/Winter 2021 (And Everything We Loved The Most)