New Openings: Bars and Eateries to Try Around Auckland 12/5/17
The latest bars, cafes and restaurants around town
1. Harlan Pepper Food Co
Inspired by their travels and with two award-winning Hamilton cafes in the bag, the brains behind the Harlan Pepper Food Co., Hemi Gibson and Todd Lawrence, are bringing the likes of Kings Belly with smoked cauliflower puree and Baa Baa Smoked Sheep (pictured) to the foodies in the city fringe.
26 Aitken Tce, Kingsland
2. The Pie Piper & Doornuts
A hop, skip and jump from Shanghai Lil’s, mother-daughter duo Danielle and Suzanne Butler are fulfilling all our edible American dreams. Making it even more convenient to pick up a killer pumpkin pie, freshly made pecan cinnamon rolls and to-die-for doughnuts, the pair are also heeding savoury appetites with buttermilk biscuits and some seriously good Southern fried chicken.
321 K Rd, Auckland Central
3. The Lantern Alley
Destined to be your new favourite winter warmer, we have three words for you — giant soup dumplings (tang bao). Versed in the art of modern Asian flavours, the modest, moody interior here sets the scene for a feast best shared among friends, but if dumplings aren’t your thing, the Korean spicy pork baby back ribs and duck bulgogi will do just as well.
258 K Rd, Auckland Central
4. Altezano Brothers Espresso Bar
Serving up that all-important caffeine hit in the form of a Bold Blend and Ethiopian Chelelektu espresso, as well as Chelelektu filter coffee, this new Snickel Lane addition is now pouring! Pair your coffee with a banana and salted caramel cupcake and you’ll be away laughing.
Snickel Lane, Auckland Central
5. Frankie’s Argentinian BBQ and Pasta
A welcome addition to the North Shore, Frankie’s lunch offerings include epic sandwiches, burgers and pizzas topped with generous servings of slow-cooked skirt steak and pulled pork, but it’s the dinner mains of flank steak with chimichurri, and 16-hour slow-cooked pork belly topped with chicharron that are keeping meat-lovers happy.
62 Hurstmere Rd, Takapuna
WATCH THIS SPACE
- Blue Breeze Inn’s Mark Wallbank and chef Che Barrington are opening a new restaurant in Ponsonby.
- "Wine and Paint" parties are totally a thing. Slowly but surely taking over Auckland, Mixing It Up Wine and Painting events are bringing you all you need (at a restaurant near you) to unleash your inner Picasso with a beverage in hand and nibbles nearby.
- The Local Fashion Brands Making Face Masks
- The Adorable Pets Looking For Their Forever Home
- Stylish Accessories For Pampered Pets & Their Owners
- Watch: Kate Sylvester & Hera Lindsay Bird On What It Means To Be An 'Exploding Woman'
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews New Yakitori Restaurant Omni
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour