New Openings: Bars and Eateries to Try Around Auckland 30/6/17
Auckland's latest bars, cafes and restaurants
Turning up the tiki vibes, if you haven’t already made the acquaintance of Talulah (formerly Tyler Street Garage, atop The Chamberlain), there’s no better time to head on over to this urban oasis for a sippable tropical escape.
52 Tyler St, Britomart
Parnell, your prayers have been answered! A go-to for many in Eden Tce in dire need of killer coffees and bang-for-buck bagels, it was only a matter of time before Goodness Gracious would heed demand and expand its empire. And if the lines out the door when they opened last weekend are any indication, this is a firm favourite in the making.
Shop 10, 109-115 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell
Simon & Lee
With coffees and bibimbap (the famous ‘mixed rice’ dish served in a hot stone bowl) on offer and plenty more Korean-inspired delights up their sleeves, this corner spot is well worth popping into.
115 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell
As the name might suggest, an inventive approach is favoured at Burger Lab where one can choose between house-made brioche buns filled with everything from teriyaki chicken to slow-cooked beef, as well as a steamed bun rendition with pork belly. Aioli lovers will also appreciate that there are four different varieties on offer - garlic, miso, smoked paprika and truffle - now that’s condiment dedication.
212 Jervois Rd, Herne Bay
It was a sad day when we heard that Andiamo was shutting shop after servicing its discerning Herne Bay clientele for over 30 years. However, when one door closes, another one opens - in this case, a pink one that leads to the all-day eatery by the team behind Ponsonby Road Bistro. Perfect for an after-work tipple by the roaring fire -- make sure you're hungry for its lamb shank shepherd’s pie. Yum.
194 Jervois Rd, Herne Bay
The Viaduct has a new cafe by day, bar by night with a European vibe. In the evenings, Aura Seaside DJs will play house music exclusively, and offer full booth and bottle service.
Shed 23 Area 5, 147 Quay St, Viaduct Harbour
WATCH THIS SPACE
• Coming soon to 480 Richmond Rd is Honey Bones Cafe.
• Bowl & Arrow are set to join the ranks at the St Georges Bay Road precinct of fine food offerings in Parnell.
• Huami, SkyCity's new contemporary Chinese dining destination is set to open its doors on July 1 in Federal St.
• K Rd favourites Madame George and Gemmayze Street have a tasty collaboration on the horizon, taking place from 6pm on the August 6 at Gemmayze Street in St Kevin's Arcade. For $75 you'll enjoy snacks and six courses, with drink matching available.Share this:
- Discover A Dart-Shaped Holiday Home That Floats High On A Mangawhai Headland
- Ruby Harris’ Short Film 'Pet Day' Is An Idyllic Look At Growing Up Horseback Riding In Small Town Aotearoa
- Spaghetti With Prawns & Cockles
- Classical Studies: Clothes To Softly Tie, Wrap & Cascade Across Your Body
- The Dreamy Drop Earrings To Add To Your Jewellery Box Now
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour