On Our Radar: Five New Openings to Visit
Pizza, beer and baking all feature in Auckland's newest set of food openings
• A sunny, spacious garden bar, Good For Now, has popped up at Smales Farm offering a great drinks list and a rotating selection of food trucks. In June, a whole new hospitality precinct called Goodside is set to open, with a host of new vendors including Ripe Delicatessen. (72 Taharoto Rd, Takapuna)
• Epsom’s newest cafe, Husk, keeps things simple with a focus on good coffee and a well-stocked cabinet full of classic baking. (18 Manukau Rd, Epsom)
• In Kingsland, Umu Pizza is opening on March 24, serving sourdough pizzas from their brand new wood-fire oven. (469 New North Rd, Kingsland)
• Garage Project are proud Wellingtonians, but their team of prolific brewers have just announced they’re opening a cellar door in Kingsland this month. Follow Facebook.com/Garageprojectkingsland for updates.
• We’ve just spotted the bright signs of a new Asian-inspired all-day eatery, Wu & You, that’s set to open in Mt Eden village. (399 Mt Eden Rd)