Make Lunch This Pawpaw, Prawn & Tofu Salad With A Sweet-Sour Tamarind Dressing
Light and tasty, pawpaws are at their best at the moment
Pawpaws don’t need too much fussing with and are delicious added to some fresh crisp prawns with a sweet and sour dressing.
PAWPAW, PRAWNS AND TAMARIND DRESSING RECIPE
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
½ red chilli, chopped small
300g raw prawns
200g tofu, sliced
½ pawpaw, thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, cubed
½ cup chopped toasted peanuts
1 lime, to squeeze
To serve, cos lettuce leaves
2 Tbsp tamarind
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Zest of 1 lime
2 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
1. First make the dressing by combining the tamarind, soy, fish sauce, sugar and lime zest and juice in a jar, shaking well.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the prawns, cooking until bright pink. Do this in two batches if need be. Remove and cool.
3. In the same pan fry the tofu slices until golden. Cool slightly then cut into thin strips.
4. In a large bowl combine the pawpaw, cucumber, prawns, tofu and chopped peanuts.
5. Toss through half the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowl lined with cos lettuce leaves and squeeze a little lime juice over. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning