Peanut Caramel Slice Recipe
The sticky golden syrup and peanut topping on this slice is irresistable
PEANUT CARAMEL SLICE RECIPE
Makes 16 square
• 125 g butter, softened
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 Tbsp custard powder
• ¼ cup self-raising flour
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp golden syrup
• 90g butter
• 150g toasted peanuts
1. Preheat an oven to 170C. Lightly grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking paper for easy removal.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, then fold in flour, custard powder and self-raising flour and stir until it becomes a slightly sticky dough.
3. Spread mixture evenly into the base of your tin using the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked.
4. For the topping: place sugar, golden syrup and butter in a pot and heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir through the peanuts.
5. Pour the topping on to the base, spreading evenly, then bake for a further 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool in the tin before removing and cutting into even squares.Share this: