Peanut Sauce Recipe
Angela Casley's peanut sauce is a tasty condiment to accompany meat kebabs
PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE
Makes 2 cups
• 1 cup shelled raw peanuts
• 1 Tbsp oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped small
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
• 300ml coconut milk
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• Salt to season
1. Whizz peanuts in a food processor until crushed, or crush in a mortar and pestle.
2. Heat oil in a small pot. Add garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the turmeric, cumin and coriander for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Tip in the crushed peanuts, coconut milk, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until thickened. Season with a little salt.
4. Serve with your favourite kebabs or grilled meats.
5. Store in a jar in the fridge, it will keep for up to two weeks.Share this: