Peanut Sauce Recipe
Angela Casley's peanut sauce is a tasty condiment to accompany kebabs
Makes 2 cups
1 cup shelled raw peanuts
1 Tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped small
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
300ml coconut milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
Salt to season
1. Whizz peanuts in a food processor until crushed, or crush in a mortar and pestle.
2. Heat oil in a small pot. Add garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the turmeric, cumin and coriander for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Tip in the crushed peanuts, coconut milk, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until thickened. Season with a little salt.
4. Serve with your favourite kebabs or grilled meats.
5. Store in a jar in the fridge, it will keep for up to two weeks.Share this: