Pear and Blue Cheese Jalousie Recipe
Try this jalousie recipe for sweet and savoury in one
PEAR AND BLUE CHEESE JALOUSIE
1 Tbsp butter
¼ cup brown sugar
3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
¼ tsp cinnamon
Juice of ½ lemon
400g block puff pastry
150g blue cheese
1 Tbsp thyme leaves
1 egg, whisked for brushing
Creme fraiche, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. In a pan, melt butter. Add sugar, then lay pears on top, sprinkle over cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook gently for 3 or 4 minutes, turning once until just softened. Remove and cool.
3. Roll pastry to a 25 x 40cm rectangle and cut into two even pieces. Place one of the rectangles on a piece of baking paper. Place pears over this piece, leaving a 2cm border. Sprinkle over blue cheese and thyme. Dampen edges with egg and place second piece of pastry on top, pressing down edges to seal.
4. With a sharp knife, cut slits in pastry 1cm apart. Brush top with egg. Place into oven for 25 minutes until pastry is golden and cooked. Remove and serve warm with creme fraiche.Share this:
- Kate Sylvester Is Opening NZ Fashion Week With A Nod To Past & Present
- Where To Shop Vintage Clothing For A Stylish & Sustainable Front Row Outfit
- Stylish Star Signs: Your NZ Fashion Week Horoscope
- Digital Diary: Model Ngahuia Williams Shares Her Online Habits
- Meet The Team: Saru Krishnasamy, Digital Editor
- Discovering The Best Of Austin, From Cowboys To Cocktails