Petite Kitchen's Orange Spice Madeleines
Eleanor Ozich shares her recipe for the traditional French cakes
Madeleines are a traditional French recipe that I would describe as half cake and half cookie. Instantly recognisable with their lovely scalloped shell shape, these buttery little morsels are wonderfully crisp on the outside with a with a moist tender crumb. In this wholesome version I have added a delicate citrus zing of orange and spiced pumpkin, best enjoyed straight from the oven with a cup of tea.
If you don't have madeleine tins, you could also make these in mini bite-sized cake moulds.
ORANGE SPICED MADELEINES
• 2½ cups ground almonds
• 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
• ½ cup honey or rice malt syrup
• ½ cup melted butter or coconut oil
• zest of two oranges
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp ground cloves
• 1 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 4 free range eggs
1. Preheat oven to 160C and grease 24 madeleine tins.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until you have a smooth batter.
3. Carefully spoon batter into each madeleine tin, filling almost to the top. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tins completely.
5. Dust with a little coconut flour or icing sugar if desired.
*Dairy free (using coconut oil)
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.comShare this:
- Where To Find Auckland's Best Japanese Restaurants
- Entertainer Jackie Clarke's Beauty Routine
- New Zealand Fashion Week 2019: First Designer Announcement
- Jennifer Lawrence's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Red Carpet Looks
- New Skin-Tracking Research Set to Enhance The Efficacy of Skincare
- An Unforgettable Stay At Fiji's Luxurious Paradise Cove Resort