Petite Kitchen's Baked Rosemary Chicken Recipe
This delicious dish is made with butter beans, lemon and pine nuts
An ever-so-simple tray-baked dinner with soothing mild flavours. The juicy plump butter beans are perfect for soaking up the utterly delicious white wine, lemon and chicken broth. The star of the dish, however, is the sumptuous moist chicken, crispy and golden on top with plenty of roasted herbs and flaky sea salt. I like to serve this dish with a few handfuls of baby spinach for good measure.
BAKED ROSEMARY CHICKEN
• 1kg free-range chicken thighs or drumsticks
• 1 can butter beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 bulb garlic, each bulb peeled & roughly chopped
• 2 lemons, quartered
• ½ glass white wine
• 1 cup chicken stock
• Olive oil for drizzling
• A handful of fresh rosemary
• ¼ cup pine nuts
• Flaky sea salt
• Ground pepper
• Salad greens to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Add the butter beans, garlic and lemon to a large roasting dish. Lay the chicken pieces on top and then pour the white wine and chicken over the top. Drizzle well with extra virgin olive oil, then scatter the rosemary and pine nuts on top.
3. Season generously with sea salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving.
5. Serve with a few large handfuls of baby spinach, dressed in the juices.Share this: