Petite Kitchen's crispy seed and herb-crumbed schnitzel
Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen recommends an easy meal the kids will love
My readers often ask me for simple, wholesome dinner ideas which the whole family will love, and this one certainly fits the bill. My kids absolutely love this crispy seed-crumbed schnitzel with rosemary and garlic. They even love to help prepare it. Wonderfully simple to make and full of nourishing ingredients, this dish will become a household favourite. We like ours served with homemade tomato sauce and a delicious selection of cherry tomatoes, cucumber and baby carrots.
CRISPY SEED AND HERB-CRUMBED SCHNITZEL
• 500g schnitzel (beef, lamb or pork work well), sliced into small pieces
• 2 free range eggs
• ¼ cup sesame seeds
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup sunflower seeds
• 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 2 tbsp dried rosemary or oregano
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1 tsp pepper
1. Using a meat tenderiser, pound each piece of schnitzel 3-4 times on both sides. This helps to prevent the meat from being too chewy.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, mix the seeds, garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Dip each piece of schnitzel in the beaten egg, then in the seed mix.
5. Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and grease with butter or a little olive oil. Grill the schnitzel for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy.Share this: