Petite Kitchen's Raw Fish Salad Recipe
Try this fresh marinated fish salad
My husband doesn’t often spend time in the kitchen, but when he does he makes this insanely brilliant raw marinated fish salad. The trick is to use really fresh good-quality fish - we like to get ours from our local farmers’ market on Saturday mornings.
MY HUSBAND’S FANTASTIC RAW FISH SALAD
Serves 4 generously
• 400g fresh white fish * see notes below
• 2½ cups good-quality coconut cream
• ½ red capsicum, finely diced
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• ½ telegraph cucumber, finely diced
• ¼ brown onion, finely diced
• 1 fresh chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
• A large handful of fresh coriander, roughly sliced
• Juice of one lemon
• Juice of one lime
• Ground pepper
• Sea salt
* We used snapper, although gurnard or tarakihi work well also. Make sure it’s as fresh as possible.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Taste and add a little more seasoning if needed. Depending on the size of citrus used, you may like to add a little more if you would like it to have a good zingy hit.
2. If you are not a fan of chilli, we suggest you start by adding a tiny bit at a time, or leave it out altogether. The fish salad will keep overnight in the fridge, and taste even more delicious the next day once the flavours have marinated well.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Paradise, Sandringham's Most Loved Curry House
- Stylish Socks To Add Pizzazz To Any Outfit
- A New Book Chronicles Yves Saint Laurent's Iconic Haute Couture Collections
- Live Like A Local: Podcaster Chris Gilbert In Tokyo
- Before Paris & Kim, Fashion Icon Gloria Vanderbilt Was The Original Influencer
- Sandwich Scout