Petite Kitchen's Savoury Muffin Recipe
Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen keeps simple home-made baking on hand for hungry tummies.
Since having kids, I have learned that it is always necessary to have simple and wholesome home-made baking on hand for hungry little tummies.
My favourite gluten-free base recipe is beautifully light, fluffy and moist. In this version I have added baby spinach, basil and tomato, although almost any grated vegetables would be equally delicious.
HERB AND ALMOND SAVOURY MUFFINS
• 1 cup coconut cream
• ½ cup olive oil
• 3 free range eggs
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 cups almond meal
• 1 cup rice flour
• Handful of baby spinach or shredded kale
• Handful of basil, parsley or oregano leaves
• 2 tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease 12 holes of a standard muffin tin, or line with paper cases.
2. Add all the ingredients, except the basil and tomato, to a food processor or blender.
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then blend until smooth.
3. Finely chop the herbs, and gently fold in to the mixture.
4. Pour batter into the muffin holes, and top with a slice of tomato.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Best eaten warm with butter, although will keep for up to two days in an airtight container.Share this: