Pistachio Fudge Recipe
Makes 36 pieces
½ cup milk
3 cups caster sugar
125g butter, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp golden syrup
½ tin condensed milk
100g toasted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1. Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Into a large pot place milk and sugar. Slowly heat until sugar has dissolved. Add butter, golden syrup and condensed milk.
3. Stirring continuously, bring mixture to the boil. Continue to stir for 8-10 minutes until fudge reaches soft ball stage. (Test a little in cold water - if it rolls into a ball easily it is ready.) Remove from heat.
4. Beat for 2 or 3 minutes with a whisk or electric beater. Fold through pistachios then pour into lined tin.
5. When cool, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.