Poppyseed Muffins Recipe with Pear and Zucchini
Try this delicious recipe from Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen
In the depths of autumn, I consider these spiced little muffins to be almost compulsory with a warming mug of tea. The sweetness needs something cold and sharp alongside — perhaps some thick natural yoghurt or a dollop of creme fraiche.
POPPYSEED MUFFINS RECIPE WITH PEAR AND ZUCCHINI
Makes 9 muffins
• 200g unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup rapadura, coconut or light muscovado sugar
• 4 free range eggs
• 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
• ¼ cup poppyseeds
• 2 pears, coarsley grated
• 1½ cups spelt or buckwheat flour
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, and grease 9 muffin tins.
2. Cream the butter in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Fold in the remaining ingredients, until well incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
3. Fill each muffin tin almost to the top, and then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in to the center of a muffin.
5. Allow to cool in the pan before carefully turning out.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com