Potato Salad Recipe with Asparagus and Chorizo
This tasty potato salad recipe is hard to beat, says Angela Casley
This tasty potato salad recipe is hard to beat. Cook the potatoes early and leave them in a bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon to stop them from discolouring. Chorizo adds a wonderful flavour to any salad and I couldn’t leave out asparagus when it is in abundance at the moment.
ASPARAGUS, CHORIZO AND POTATO SALAD
• 700g new potatoes
• 1 bunch asparagus
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• 1 chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• ½ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
• 1 tsp capers
• 1 Tbsp chopped dill
• 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place the potatoes into a pot of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes until just soft. Remove, drain and cool.
2. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 4 minutes until just cooked through. Drain and cool in icy water, then add the spring onions.
3. Fry the chorizo in a lightly oiled pan until crispy, turning once. Remove and cool, then add to potatoes.
4. To make the dressing combine the mayonnaise, yoghurt, capers, dill, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl.Share this: