Prosciutto and Asparagus Cheese Rolls Recipe
A delightful twist to the classic asparagus roll, bake these until golden, crispy and the cheese is oozy
For these prosciutto and cheesy rolls, cook the asparagus well so it’s soft but hasn’t lost its vibrant green colour. These rolls must be served hot while the cheese is oozy.
PROSCIUTTO AND ASPARAGUS CHEESE ROLLS
2 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp whole grain mustard
Couple of grinds of pepper
8 fresh asparagus spears, cooked
8 slices prosciutto
2 Tbsp butter, softened
8 slices sandwich bread, crust removed
1. Preheat an oven to 180. Place a cooling rack over a baking tray.
2. In a medium bowl combine cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper.
3. Wrap each piece of asparagus with a piece of prosciutto.
4. Butter one side of the bread, then turn over. On the other side spread some of the cheese mixture. Place a piece of asparagus on the diagonal. Roll corner to corner and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place rolls on rack and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
6. Serve hot or warm.Share this: