Pumpkin, Brussels Sprouts and Beetroot Salad Recipe with Za'atar Cheese
This is a tasty side salad to acquaint dinner
PUMPKIN, BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BEETROOT SALAD RECIPE WITH ZA'ATAR CHEESE
• 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small chunks
• 12-16 brussels sprouts, depending on size
• 3-4 beetroot, depending on size
• Olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup cottage cheese
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tsp za'atar (Middle Eastern spice mix available from gourmet food stores)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Toss the pumpkin and sprouts in enough olive oil to lightly cover, season and cook for 30 minutes.
2. Scrub the beetroot then halve and slice finely. Spread out on a tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Mix the cottage cheese with the lemon juice, za'atar and 2 tsp olive oil. Combine the vegetables on plates and serve a dollop of the cottage cheese on the side.Share this: