Raw Date and Coconut Slice Recipe
Angela Casley's raw slice has a delicious mix of dates, nuts, coconut and ginger
Very popular these days are no-bake slices. We usually have one on the go in the freezer; cut into squares which are ready to nab for afternoon tea or a mid-week, after dinner dessert alternative. This version is a delicious mix of dates, nuts, coconut and ginger.
RAW DATE AND COCONUT SLICE RECIPE
Makes 20 slices
• 1 cup natural almonds
• 2 ½ cups dried dates, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 tsp ginger
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup carob powder
• 2 cups desiccated coconut
• ¼ cup coconut to sprinkle on top
1. Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
2. Soak almonds in water for 2 hours. Drain and place in kitchen processor. Add 1 cup dates, pumpkin seeds, ½ teaspoon ginger, water and carob. Whizz until almost smooth. Fold through desiccated coconut and press into lined tin. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
3. For the topping blend the remaining dates and ginger until smooth. Spread on top of the slice, sprinkle with coconut and return to the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Cut into squares.
4. This slice is best kept refrigerated or frozen.Share this: