Recipe: Feijoa, Peach and Cardamom Crumble
FEIJOA, PEACH AND CARDAMOM CRUMBLE
1 cup water
1/2 cup Reisling
2 cardamom pods
1/2 cup sugar, plus an extra 3/4 cup
1 tsp baking powder
100g plain flour
1 Tbsp coconut
1 Tbsp rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
70g softened butter
1 bottle cream, to serve
1. Peel the feijoas and halve. Peel the peaches, remove the stone and slice.
2. Put in a saucepan with the water, wine, cardamom pods and first measure of sugar.
3. Gently simmer until the fruit softens - approximately 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 200C. In a bowl, combine the second measure of sugar, baking powder, flour, coconut, rolled oats, salt and cardamom, then rub in the butter using your fingertips.
5. Spoon the fruit and juice into individual oven dishes, cover with the topping and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve with cream.Share this:
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Paradise, Sandringham's Most Loved Curry House
- Stylish Socks To Add Pizzazz To Any Outfit
- A New Book Chronicles Yves Saint Laurent's Iconic Haute Couture Collections
- Live Like A Local: Podcaster Chris Gilbert In Tokyo
- Before Paris & Kim, Fashion Icon Gloria Vanderbilt Was The Original Influencer
- The Best Rhubarb Recipes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth