Recipe: Feijoa, Peach and Cardamom Crumble
FEIJOA, PEACH AND CARDAMOM CRUMBLE
1 cup water
1/2 cup Reisling
2 cardamom pods
1/2 cup sugar, plus an extra 3/4 cup
1 tsp baking powder
100g plain flour
1 Tbsp coconut
1 Tbsp rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
70g softened butter
1 bottle cream, to serve
1. Peel the feijoas and halve. Peel the peaches, remove the stone and slice.
2. Put in a saucepan with the water, wine, cardamom pods and first measure of sugar.
3. Gently simmer until the fruit softens - approximately 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 200C. In a bowl, combine the second measure of sugar, baking powder, flour, coconut, rolled oats, salt and cardamom, then rub in the butter using your fingertips.
5. Spoon the fruit and juice into individual oven dishes, cover with the topping and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve with cream.Share this:
- Designer Kathryn Wilson's NZ Fashion Week Beauty Routine
- Where To Eat, Shop & Stay Next Time You're In Queenstown
- Mediterranean Vegetable Tarte Tatin
- Why Gin Is So Popular On The Rugged Scotland Island Known For Its Whisky
- Cinnamon & Walnut Brioche Scrolls
- The Beauty Brand Unlocking The Power Of Native Australian Botanicals