Recipe: Florentine slice
Makes 25 pieces approx
• 3 cups cornflakes
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tsp orange zest
• ½ cup chopped apricots
• ½ cup sultanas
• 70g slivered almonds
• ¼ cup pistachios, chopped roughly
• ½ cup glace cherries
• ¼ cup mixed peel
• 1 tin condensed milk
• 120g chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. Place cornflakes, zest, apricots, sultanas, almonds, pistachios, cherries, mixed peel and condensed milk in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Pour mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Place into the oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool. Tip out on to a rack.
4. Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Using a spatula, spread chocolate on to bottom of slice. Leave to set.
5. Cut into slices and keep in an airtight container.Share this: