Recipe: Labneh and black bean salad
Labneh and black bean salad
• 500ml plain whole-milk yoghurt
• ½ tsp salt
• 400g black beans
• 4 rashers bacon, cooked and cut into strips
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 ripe peaches, sliced
• 2 tbsp dill chopped roughly
• Freshly ground pepper
1. To make the labneh, mix the yoghurt and salt in a bowl. Line a sieve with muslin cloth or very thin cotton cloth. Pour the yoghurt into the cloth. Fold the sides in to enclose the yoghurt. Place the sieve over a bowl to catch the liquid.
2. Place in the fridge for several hours or, better still, overnight to allow the liquid to drain. Then remove from the muslin and place on to a plate or into a bowl.
3. For the salad, toss the beans, bacon, olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Gently add the peach slices and dill. Place on a serving platter and add labneh.
4. Grind fresh pepper on top and serve with warm pita or crusty bread.Share this: