Recipe: Oat and Date Slice
Angela Casley's moist and nutty slice is perfect for a healthy snack
OAT AND DATE SLICE
Makes 16 pieces
• 30 stoneless dried dates
• 1 cup boiling water
• 3 Tbsp coconut oil
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup raisins
• ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• ½ cup sunflower seeds
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. Soak the dates in the water for 10 minutes, then bring to a simmer for 5 minutes until completely soft. Add the coconut oil and honey to melt. Puree the date mix until smooth.
3. In a large bowl combine the oats, raisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon. Add the wet mixture to the dry, stirring well until it is combined. Place the mixture in the tin and press down evenly.
4. Bake for 25 minutes until slightly golden. Cool before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.Share this:
- How Costume Designer Janty Yates Crafted The Carefully Dramatic 'House Of Gucci' Wardrobe
- Surprise The Beauty Lover In Your Life With These Delightful Stocking Stuffers
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Gourmet Gifts For Food-Lovers
- Pop Powerhouse Ella Monnery's Beauty Routine
- The Unmissable Exhibition Inside The Glamorous World Of A Visionary Farmer
- When Did Vegetables Become The Star Of The Show At Top New Zealand Restaurants?