Recipe: Pine nut and coffee caramel tart
Pine nut and coffee caramel tart
• 1½ cups flour
• 30g ground almonds
• 100g butter, cut into cubes
• 60g icing sugar
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup honey
• 15g butter
• 50g caster sugar
• 100ml cream
• 140g ricotta
• 2 tsp strong coffee
• 2 eggs
• 80g pine nuts
1. In a food processor place the flour, almonds, butter and icing sugar. Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and blitz, until a ball of dough forms. If the mixture seems a little dry, add 1 Tbsp cold water.
2. On a lightly floured bench, roll the pastry into a circle to fit a 23cm tart tin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Set an oven to 160C. In a small pot, melt the honey, butter and sugar.
Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Add the cream, ricotta, coffee and eggs and combine well.
4. Sprinkle the pine nuts in the bottom of the tart tin. Pour in the ricotta mixture. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn to ensure even cooking. Cook for another 10 minutes or until it begins to set. It will still be a little wobbly, but will set completely as it cools.
5. Serve the tart in thin slices with whipped cream.Share this: