Recipe: Plum and almond tarts
Individual plum and almond tarts
• 2 egg whites
• ¼ cup caster sugar
• 150g ground almonds
• Few drops almond essence
• 3 sheets puff pastry
• 4 large plums, stones removed
• 1 egg yolk, for brushing pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. In a small bowl whisk egg whites lightly with a fork. Add sugar, ground almonds and essence. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
3. Cut 16 x 9cm circles from the pastry. With a 6cm cutter remove the centre from 8 of the circles. Place outer part of the circle on top of the remaining 8, to form a border.
4. Place a tablespoon of almond mix into centre of each pastry and flatten roughly with the back of a spoon.
5. Cut each plum half into three, then place on to the top of the almond mix.
6. Brush outer edge with a little egg. Place in oven for 15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden. Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with lightly whipped cream.Share this: