Recipe: Pork Loin Rolled with Leek, Prune and Pistachio Pilaf
PORK LOIN ROLLED WITH LEEK, PRUNE AND PISTACHIO PILAF
• 2 Tbsp butter
• ½ leek, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• ½ tsp cumin
• ½ tsp coriander
• 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
• ½ cup prunes, cut in half
• Zest and juice of ½ orange
• 1 cup cooked rice
• ¼ cup parsley
• 1kg piece pork loin, skin scored
• Vegetables to roast - kumara sweeties, carrots, parsnip etc. rubbed with oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place butter into a frying pan and melt. Add leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until leek has softened. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander and rosemary. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Into a bowl place leek, prunes, orange, rice and parsley.
4. Lie the pork flat on the bench and place stuffing into middle. Roll and tie tightly with string. Place on to a roasting dish.
5. Place into oven for 1 hour then add your choice of vegetables to roast. Continue to cook for 35-40 minutes until golden and brown.
6. If pork hasn't crackled turn up the oven to 200C for the last 20 minutes.
7. Serve with gravy and/or apple sauce.Share this: