Recipe: Pumpkin and pecan ice cream
Pumpkin and pecan ice cream
• 500ml cream
• 5 egg yolks
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ginger
• pinch nutmeg
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 cups pumpkin puree
• ½ cup roasted pecans, chopped roughly
1. Place cream in a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil.
2. Beat yolks, vanilla, sugar, spices and salt until creamy. Slowly add hot cream and stir.
3. Return to a clean saucepan and reheat, stirring continuously until it starts to thicken. Do not let it boil or it will curdle. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
4. Add pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Following your icecream maker's instructions, churn your mixture and freeze for at least 3 hours or until required, then serve with chopped pecans.Share this: