Recipe: Singapore chicken
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 2 onions, sliced
• 600g boneless chicken thighs cut into thirds
• 1 red chilli, sliced
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1/3 cup kecap manis
• ½ cup water
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• ½ cup mint leaves
Place 1 cup dark soy sauce, ¼ cup molasses and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a small pot. Heat until sugar dissolves. Store in an airtight jar.
1. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until hot. Add the onions and stir for 1 minute or until they are slightly browned. Add chicken and chilli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until the chicken starts to brown.
2. Add the sugar and stir through for 30 seconds, then add the kecap manis and water and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked and the sauce starts to thicken.
3. Stir through the lemon juice and mint.
4. Serve with steamed rice and a green vegetable.Share this: