Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
Try Angela Casley's sweet and sour fish for a tasty punch
SWEET AND SOUR FISH
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1 Tbsp soy
• 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
• 2 Tbsp white vinegar
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tsp potato flour
• ½ cup stock or water
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 500g white fish, cut into 2cm chunks
• Potato flour to dust
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• 1 carrot, sliced into fine sticks
• 1 spring onion, sliced
1. In a small jug combine sugar, soy, oyster sauce, vinegar, salt, potato flour and stock.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan (or cook in two batches in a smaller one). Toss fish generously in potato flour and fry for 4 minutes each side or until cooked. Don’t be tempted to turn over too early or it will stick. Remove fish.
3. Add sauce to pan, stirring carefully until thickened. Return fish and serve straight on to a serving plate.
4. Toss garlic, ginger, carrot and spring onion in a little oil in a small frying pan for 2 minutes until slightly softened. Place on top of the fish.
5. Serve hot with rice.Share this:
- Hit The Slopes In Style With These Snow Gear Updates
- Carrot Soup & Cheese Dumplings Recipe
- How Designers Are Adapting To The First Ever Digital Couture Fashion Week
- What To Expect From Jarvis Cocker's 'Beyond The Pale' Album
- Photo Essay: Tom Gould Captures New York's Black Lives Matter Protests
- Harissa Roast Vegetables & Chicken Recipe