Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
Try Angela Casley's sweet and sour fish for a tasty punch
SWEET AND SOUR FISH
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1 Tbsp soy
• 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
• 2 Tbsp white vinegar
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tsp potato flour
• ½ cup stock or water
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 500g white fish, cut into 2cm chunks
• Potato flour to dust
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• 1 carrot, sliced into fine sticks
• 1 spring onion, sliced
1. In a small jug combine sugar, soy, oyster sauce, vinegar, salt, potato flour and stock.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan (or cook in two batches in a smaller one). Toss fish generously in potato flour and fry for 4 minutes each side or until cooked. Don’t be tempted to turn over too early or it will stick. Remove fish.
3. Add sauce to pan, stirring carefully until thickened. Return fish and serve straight on to a serving plate.
4. Toss garlic, ginger, carrot and spring onion in a little oil in a small frying pan for 2 minutes until slightly softened. Place on top of the fish.
5. Serve hot with rice.Share this:
- Star On The Rise: Choreographer Parris Goebel Invites Us Inside Her Los Angeles Home
- Meet The Bafta-Nominated Director Behind 'Kamali', The Short Film That Has Audiences Buzzing
- Restaurant Review: Italian Eatery Puglia Ticks All The Boxes But Doesn't Make The Grade
- The Finest Facial Mists & Setting Sprays For A Cooling Summer Spritz
- The Coolest Looks From The Grammys Red Carpet 2020
- Scarlett Johansson's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Red Carpet Looks