Red Chimichurri Prawns
Serve these smoky, hot prawns with coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice
There are two ways to roast the pepper and chillies. Either char on a barbecue until blackened or roast in a hot oven until blistered. Place in a bag to cool, then the skin will peel with ease. The chimichurri will store in a fridge for up to a week.
RED CHIMICHURRI PRAWNS RECIPE
1 charred red pepper, peeled and seeds removed
2 charred red chillies, peeled
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp lime zest
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
½ cup chopped coriander
¼ tsp salt
Limes wedges, to squeeze
8 large prawns
1. To make the chimichurri, place the pepper, chillies, garlic, zest, oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a blender. Blend until the paste is formed.
2. With a sharp knife slice the prawns down the centre and flatten. Place on small skewers, then coat with half the chimichurri, reserving the remainder for serving. Let them marinate for 30 minutes.
3. When ready to cook, heat a barbecue or frying pan to a medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side depending on their size.
4. Serve hot with a few coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning