Ricotta Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen adds a creamy twist to scrambled eggs
This simple recipe makes for a slightly fancier way to enjoy classic scrambled eggs. The addition of ricotta cheese adds a beautiful light creaminess to this lovely breakfast dish. It works wonderfully as a light summer dinner also, served with a leafy green salad and a few slices of ripe avocado.
RICOTTA SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH SPRING ONION
• 3 Tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
• 8 free range eggs, lightly whisked
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• Bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
• Sea salt
1. Heat ghee, butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, stirring once or twice until almost cooked.
2. Remove from the heat, season with sea salt and pepper, then gently stir in the ricotta and spring onions. The eggs will continue to cook from the heat of the pan. Serve immediately.