Seared Steak Recipe with Broccoli and Spinach
Made in a matter of minutes, seared steak is perfect for a quick dinner
SEARED STEAK RECIPE WITH BROCCOLI AND SPINACH
• 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
• 600g scotch fillet steaks
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 cups shredded red cabbage
• 100g spinach leaves
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 Tbsp sesame oil
• 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp runny honey
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• ¼ cup chopped coriander
1. To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cook broccoli for 3 minutes until just cooked, but still vibrant green. Drain well.
3. Rub steak with the oil and season well.
4. Heat a frying pan to a high heat. Sear steak for 2 or 3 minutes each side depending on the thickness. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
5. In the same frying pan toss cabbage, broccoli, spinach and tomatoes briefly to warm.
6. Slice steak, add to salad, pour over dressing and toss through.Share this: