Silverbeet Recipe with Pumpkin, Pinenuts and Lentils
Try Amanda Laird's tasty silverbeet recipe
SILVERBEET WITH PUMPKIN, PINENUTS AND LENTILS
• 500g peeled and sliced pumpkin
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp butter, melted
• 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
• Olive oil
• ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 Tbsp pinenuts
• 3 stalks of silverbeet
• 1 cup of cooked brown lentils or use lentil du puy (available from Sabato and other gourmet food stores)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, sugar, butter and vinegar. Add 2 Tbs of olive oil, nutmeg, then season and toss all together.
2. Grease an oven tray, add the pumpkin and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast the pinenuts over a gentle heat until coloured - approximately 5 minutes.
4. Slice the silverbeet. Heat a large frypan, add 1 Tbs of olive oil and then the silverbeet, season and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
5. To serve, plate the pumpkin, alternating with the silverbeet then spoon over the lentils and finish with a scattering of pinenuts.Share this: